Click HERE for the TES Vacancies page for Paxman Academy
Paxman Academy is a newly built, co-educational, fully comprehensive 11-16 academy, which opened its doors in September 2019. In its first two years of opening, the Academy has been a popular choice and is heavily oversubscribed.
The Academy enjoys state of the art buildings, including:
• Seven science laboratories that have been equipped to the highest standard
• Excellent technology facilities, including two well-equipped workshops
• Computer suites, equipped with the most up-to-date hardware
• A large auditorium to enable high quality performances to take place
• A dance studio with a sprung floor
• A drama studio
• A music suite, including three practice rooms and a control room for the auditorium
• A large sports hall
• Large playing fields
• An artificial 3G pitch
• A library
• The latest classroom technology to enhance students’ learning experiences
Our ethos is founded on a desire to provide an ordered, stimulating learning environment in which all students are encouraged to achieve their best. It is determined that all students should be valued through the provision of a broad, relevant, balanced and challenging curriculum that caters for individual needs. This is encouraged within an atmosphere of mutual respect.
The Academy recognises its role within the broader community. It is determined to maintain a STEM focus throughout the curriculum and across extended learning opportunities. It identifies learning as a lifelong process and values the contribution made by parents and others to the creation of a partnership. Within this partnership, and through learning opportunities provided, students develop skills, attitudes and values that prepare them to accept the challenges and responsibilities of adult life.
Our curriculum is designed to challenge and stretch students; there is a focus on the English Baccalaureate (EBacc) subjects, but time is given to also develop creativity and flair in other areas. Underpinning all of this there is an emphasis on the development of communication, reasoning and problem solving skills to support our STEM focus and to prepare students for life beyond school.
Paxman Academy prides itself on the quality of its staff. The combination of experience, expertise, enthusiasm and commitment ensures that students, parents and carers receive the best possible service. We are committed to providing the best learning opportunities for our students and believe that effective learning is derived from high quality teaching with high expectations, which inspire, motivate and challenge students. This is achieved by regular review and reflection of classroom practice so that teachers are able to develop as professionals and meet the needs of a changing world.
Paxman Academy embraces the values of The Sigma Trust to ensure that all students will fulfil their potential and transform life chances for all. We achieve this by:
• The development of productive, positive working relationships, so that every student is valued as an individual who is known and respected within an ordered and purposeful community that prepares them for the opportunities, responsibilities and experiences of life in modern Britain.
• Inspiring the next generation, encouraging ambition and aspiration by fostering excellence in learning through first class teaching across a broad range of subjects.
• An engaging, broad and balanced curriculum that maintains a STEM focus and develops the skills of creativity, problem solving and investigation whilst promoting a healthy and active lifestyle.
• The development of effective partnerships and collaboration for the benefit and wellbeing of our community.
This is an extremely exciting period in the development of Paxman Academy.
The Sigma Trust is committed to safeguarding and protecting the children and young people that we work with. As such, all posts are subject to safer recruitment process, including the disclosure of criminal records, online checks and other vetting checks. We ensure that we have a range of policies in place which promote safeguarding and safer working practice across our schools.